Thursday, 31 May 2012
10 Tips for Your Next Move: The Best Move
At Celebrity International Movers, we are in the business of first-class moving and relocation services. We take every step to ensure that any move, no matter what time of year and no matter how far, is simple, secure and worry-free. We provide and arrange for all the required services like packing, loading, customs and unloading and unpacking of products after reaching a destination. Our relocation department handles home search, school search and settling-in services in Greece.
Established as one of the top moving companies in Greece, we know there is a lot of competition for business but we also know what a capable moving company should offer you. Generally, you should look for a company that provides all possible services needed for an easy relocation. Most importantly, you should hire someone you can trust with your houseful of valuables.
Here are 10 basic tips to make your next move, your best move:
1) Know more about their reputation. How long have they been in business? What kind of industry credentials do they hold? Gather any references from friends or colleagues.
2) Look for companies that provide car transportation and warehousing services along with the other services. A warehouse to store items in safe and sound way is a big advantage.
3) It is better to hire companies with quality standards in the industry. FIDI, IAM and BAR are some memberships that are very respected in the international moving industry. In case something should go wrong, you know you have qualified professionals backing your move.
4) Gather estimates from at least two to three companies to compare their services and charges.
5) Make sure you understand any potential extra costs for your move.
6) Obtain a written estimate once a qualified estimator has come to survey the contents of your home.
7) Book your move as far in advance as possible.
8) Try to avoid moving at the end of the month since this is a hectic time for moving companies.
9) Determine liability issues and make special insurance arrangements, if necessary.
10) Confirm your move with the company a day or two prior to the move.
As you keep our 10 tips in mind, it also comes down to knowing you hired a moving and relocation company that cares. We have learned that our 25 years of experience in the industry, personalized service and professionalism matter whether we move someone’s home, a company’s office or a client’s vehicle locally or internationally. Our surveyors have the right experience to give you the advice and guidance you need. Our Celebritytreatment during each move is the key factor in making our clients feel satisfied with the services they entrusted with us.
*Kathy Chrisovergis the managing director of Celebrity International Movers in Athens, Greece.